VISION STATEMENT OF SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF GENERAL SANTOS
The Office of Sangguniang Panlungsod, City of General Santos is the legislative branch of the city’s local government unit, created and recognized by virtue of Republic Act Numbered Fifty-Four Hundred and Twelve (RA 5412), otherwise known as The Charter of the City of General Santos, and Republic Act Numbered Seventy-One Hundred and Sixty (RA 7160), otherwise known as The Local Government Code of 1991.
Guided by the operative principles of decentralization and the separation of powers, the Sanggunian also upholds fiscal autonomy and imbibes these in the exercise of its law-making authority to come up with local policies aimed at promoting the common good of all its peoples alike.
As an autonomous advocate of change and development, the Sanggunian endeavors to attain social justice in all phases of policy making, and commits itself to forever respect freedom and democracy in all its processes or procedures.
MISSION STATEMENT OF SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF GENERAL SANTOSIn pursuit of this Vision, we, the Sanggunian, shall be the leading independent, exclusive, accountable, and distinct resource of all sovereign local policies which are appropriate and necessary toward local governance, which include:
- Generating and maximizing the use of resources and revenues for the city’s development plans, program objectives and priorities;
- Granting franchises and authorizing the issuance of licenses upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare;
- Regulating activities relative to the use of land, buildings, and structures found within the city;
- Enacting ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of basic services and facilities to the people; and
- Exercising such other powers and performing such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
In a local government unit permeated by dynamism and diversity, we pledge to develop ourselves to become great leaders, competent professionals, scholars, researchers, and workers who will participate actively in putting forth certain gainful local legislation for the City of General Santos.